Feb 18, 2010

SC: Independence Party Candidate for 1-CD

From the South Carolina Radio Network:
There are currently a dozen candidates in the race for the First Congressional District seat after Congressman Henry Brown announced his retirement. There is only one candidate that is representing the Independence Party. Jimmy Wood says why he’s decided to run: “I see a lot of headlines, I see a lot of chatter on Fox News and other organizations where the Republican party is reaching out to the Tea Party candidates. They are trying to secure that conservative base of power back into their grasp. I believe with all of my heart it’s a little bit too late. I think for years the Republicans have looked at the conservative branch of our society and they’ve said ‘if you don’t like where we are going, where else are you going to go?’ Well, I think recently they’ve seen where we are going to go,” says Wood.

No comments: