Jan 18, 2010

CO: Libertarian Christine Smith for State House

The Colorado Libertarian Party blog relays a campaign update from Christine Smith, who is challenging Republican Tom Massey to represent the state's 60th House District:
I've already begun campaigning across my district. Freedom.  Every issue.  No exceptions. That's what I stand for and will work for in the Colorado House of Representatives.  Think of Colorado and you think of a pioneering spirit of independence, self sufficiency, strength. A state where freedom is valued and liberty cherished.  I believe Coloradans still value those principles. But most politicians statewide do not. Thus, we see businesses close, jobs lost, and freedoms infringed upon due to excessive taxation, fees, regulation, and numerous other intrusions on the way we peacefully live. Our businesses and families suffer, while those we elect pass legislation to our own detriment. The state government keeps doing too many things it shouldn't while ignoring issues that really matter.

I will change that. As your congresswoman representing State House District 60, I will represent your rights, freedom, liberties – as guaranteed to be protected by the the U.S. Constitution.  I don't want to see the people of HD60 suffer under two more years of a legislator (Tom Massey) who, in my opinion, has a predominately anti-taxpayer and anti-freedom legislative record for the the past six years.
I want the people of HD60 to finally have a representative who will stand up for their rights and best interests – a representative who will always legislate for greater personal freedom and economic liberty. That's why I'm running. 
I will be your voice for liberty in the Colorado legislature.

No comments: