- NEWS: CA APPEALS COURT DEALS FINAL BLOW TO OPEN PRIMARY OPPONENTS (by Keith Nelle, CAIVN)
- California State Appeals Court Orders Some Wording Changes for Prop. 14 (Ballot Access News)
- Brief Filed in California State Court of Appeals Over How Proposition 14 Should be Described on Ballot (Ballot Access News) 48-page pdf http://www.ballot-access.org/2010/REPLY-(filed).pdf
- Editorial: Bay Area News Group urges a yes vote on Proposition 14 (MediaNews editorial, Contra Costa Times)
- Editorial: Bay Area News Group urges voters to reject Proposition 15 (MediaNews editorial, Tri Valley Herald) Prop. 15 conflicts with a far more promising campaign reform measure, Prop. 14, which eliminates closed primaries. Prop. 14 would establish an open primary, with the top two vote-getters going on to the general election. The Prop. 15 grant formulas would fall apart if, as we hope, Prop. 14 passes.
- California Legislative Hearing on Proposition 14 Can be Watched (Ballot Access News) here's the link
- Good News for Independents on Prop 14 Ballot Wording Fight (POSTED BY NANCY HANKS, The Moderate Voice)
- PA: Are we getting the best candidates? (By: Ernie Rosato, Landsdale Reporter - PA) As a libertarian/constitutionalist at heart, and with utter disdain for the socialist progressive values that the Democratic Party has endorsed, I have been forced to side with the Republican Party for more than 30 years because this commonwealth does not recognize the independent voter.
- IL: Was the Illinois Senate correct in defeating a bill that would have made primary elections open (not requiring voters to declare a party) in Illinois? (Helium) Yes and No articles HINT: 72% say no
Read more news for independents at The Hankster