Apr 23, 2010

CT: John Mertens to Attend State Green Party Convention

Thanks to Dominik Kot, emailed to TPID:
U.S. Senate Candidate John Mertens will attend the Statewide Connecticut Green Party Convention on Saturday, April 24, at the Portland Senior Center, located at 7 Waverly Ave., Portland, CT. The convention begins at noon, and is free and open to the public. John will be arriving around 2pm, following the 2010 Urban Issues Forum earlier in the day at the State Capitol. Looks like he will be seeking the Green Party Nod.
From Mertens's campaign site:
I’m different. I do not want to be a career politician. I am not a Democrat or a Republican. I’m a Problem Solver. I want to force members of Congress to be responsible, and implement sustainable solutions to real problems. Please read the positions I present on this website, and spread the word to friends and family. I will fight tooth-and-nail for our future!
Unless I'm mistaken, Mertens is running on the Connecticut for Lieberman ballot line, established by supporters of now Independent Senator Joe Lieberman in 2006 following his defeat in the Democratic primary by Ned Lamont. 

No comments: