Apr 23, 2010

One Individual's Declaration of Independence from the Democratic-Republican Party

From Denton in the Constitution Party Discussion Forum:
I'm one of those irritating people who can't seem to conform to the two-party scene. I don't call myself a "Conservative" because the definition is convoluted and changes from person to person. Besides, the best the Conservative movement can do is try and hold the line, and that isn't good enough for me.

I call myself a Christian Constitutionalist. I believe John Jay knew what he was saying when he called this a Christian nation and I believe Thomas Jefferson knew what he was saying when he said the Christian faith was the best thing upon which a nation can be built. I also know that this doesn't mean, as the secular humanists would have today's uneducated citizenry believe, that a "Christian nation" means a theocracy.

I'm fed up with the mainstream lies.

I believe the constitution for the united states of America is the framework and the walls of the government and its power and authority over the states and the citizenry. I don't believe it is something to be "interpreted" in convoluted and shadowy ways in order to marginalize the people and maximize the government.

I'm fed up with the megalomaniacs ruling over the citizenry (and their money) as if their rule is supreme and we are their serfs.

Finally, I am sick and tired of people thinking they have to vote for the lesser of two evils. I refuse to embrace a "moderate" simply because he is running against a radical. I am bone-weary of watching the power go to and from "Conservative" politicians while the country continues to spiral into the trash heap of history as all failed empires do.

That's why I googled "constitution party forum" and found this place, I am looking for others who are fed up with it, too.

Nice to meet y'all!

No comments: