May 14, 2010

FL: Independent Crist Liberated from Prison of Two-Party Politics and Duopoly Ideology

From an interview with Florida Governor Charlie Crist, independent candidate for US Senate, in the St. Petersburg Times:
even by the relentlessly cheerful standards of Gov. Crist, he seems even more upbeat and relaxed than ever."I'm very happy. I really am. Listen, I don't know if I've ever enjoyed being a public servant as much as I have the past few weeks because I feel really in touch with where the people are," the governor said . . . Crist is now talking like a man liberated from the constraints of partisan orthodoxy. What's he think about President Barack Obama nominating Elena Kagan to the U.S. Supreme Court? "I think she'd do a great job," said the candidate . . . "It sickens me to watch cable TV and see these people argue all day long," Crist said. "I think to myself, what in the world are they doing? Do they care so much about their party first that they've forgotten about their country and our people? And that they need a voice and somebody has to stand up and get something done for America."

No comments: