Jan 12, 2011

Wes Benedict: "I wish more Democrats and Republicans took our Constitution and Bill of Rights seriously"

Wes Benedict, Executive Director of the Libertarian National Committee, recently gave a speech at a conference entitled "The Stripping of Freedom: A Careful Scan of TSA Security Procedures."  The Libertarian Party blog has republished Benedict's comments in full.  Excerpt:

The Libertarian Party strongly opposes the full-body scanners program. I recognize that different groups oppose these scanners for different reasons. Ralph Nader has always been a strong consumer safety advocate. He often sees a role for government in providing safety. Libertarians would like to see the government do less. When Libertarians and Ralph Nader agree a program is bad...it's time for our government to listen. I'm glad we have a Congressman or two participating today. I wish more Republicans and Democrats took our Constitution and Bill of Rights seriously.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

I've just downloaded iStripper, so I can watch the best virtual strippers get naked on my desktop.