Jan 17, 2010

US Pirate Party Looking to Build Its Leadership

The outgoing administrator of the US Pirate Party asks like-minded citizens to become active in the organization and build its leadership:
I must add that I am touched at the sheer number of people who have contacted me to inform me that they support my actions and my efforts and hope to work productively together in the future. I can't think of much more I could ever ask for than that.
If you are in the US and are reading this, I would implore you to please become active in the party.  It needs your help.  It currently has  no leadership. This is certainly both the time and the place in our world for the Pirate Party movement, and I eagerly anticipate what happens next.
According to the group's constitution, individuals interested in taking over the position may now announce their candidacies, and Jason Emerson of New York has already stepped forward.  Though it is still a relatively new organization, at least one independent third party candidate for congress in 2010 is affiliated with the group, Stephen Collings of Tennessee.  If you are interested in learning more about the US Pirate Party, be sure to check out their blog.

No comments: