Apr 12, 2010

OH: Constitution Party Candidate for Senate to Represent the Unrepresented

From Constitution Party News:
Hello, I’m Eric Deaton and I’m running for the United States Senate representing the state of Ohio. There are several reasons I have decided to run for this office. First off, I have felt unrepresented for too many years. Why is it that my positions, beliefs and ideas always seem in line with my co-workers, friends and family, but not with the actions of our government?

Second, the growing issues of job loss, home foreclosures, energy costs and healthcare affect the working class citizens more than any federal politicians. Yet most of these incumbent and professional politicians have served so many terms that they are out of touch with the true effects of the issues we face. Without feeling the sting of the problems at hand, how can they make good judgments to render effective and appropriate solutions?

Finally, I’m afraid of the course our country is taking: a sea of debt, a wholesale loss of manufacturing jobs, inaction on social security and a federal government that can’t seem to stop growing. Poor management at the federal level has trickled down to the state and local levels and now threatens the very fiber of this nation.

So I run to represent my fellow citizens and offer my common sense problem-solving skills to navigate us through these perilous times. I chose to shoot for the federal government because that is where the problems are and where the solutions are needed. With incumbent George Voinovich leaving office there is a glimmer of light for the working class to achieve real representation in Washington. Together we can keep this country a great nation and a beacon to the world.

Eric Deaton will be on the ballot for US Senate on the Constitution Party of Ohio ticket in 2010. For more information visit his campaign website: http://www.deatonforsenate.com/index.html.

No comments: